Service Accounts can be created by account administrators when Bridgit Bench credentials are needed for integration or to use Bridgit's API. Service accounts differ from user accounts:
- they can be created without going through the email/sign-up flow
- they can not be used to login to the Bridgit Bench web/mobile app
- there is a globally unique identifier (GUID) for a service account, not an email address
Settings (gear icon) > Account > Service Accounts
Creating a Service Account
- Click Add Service Account.
- Enter a Name and Permission Group for the service account. Click Save to proceed.
- A Unique Identifier and Password will be presented. Click Copy to easily copy this info to the clipboard.
- Make sure you save the password because you won't be able to access it again.
- Click Done to proceed to the main Service Accounts window. There you will see the newly created service account.
Modifying a Service Account
Administrators can delete a service account or complete a password reset. Click an existing service account to complete the request:
A new service account will have to be created if the name or permission group needs to be updated.