The Place a Person tool is available to help ensure the best people are selected for a role and project.
This can be accessed from the Project Gantt view on any unfilled roles. You can place a person directly by clicking on an Unfilled segment:
Alternatively, you can also navigate to:
Projects > Desired Project > Roles > Roles Required
How to Place a Person
- Click the project to open.
- In the Roles section, scroll to the role that needs to be filled.
- Click on Place a person to open the Place a Person window.
- Select the best person for a role based on availability.
- An Availability message will appear if the person doesn't have full availability. Through this window, you can select how to proceed with allocation.
- Click Save to confirm.
You may notice some users will have an orange circle to indicate that they have allocation issues based on existing work they've been assigned. People with no issues are assigned a green circle.
The following video takes a closer look at the Place a Person modal. It demonstrates how you can search by name and you can also click the grey time availability bar to determine what project a person is already on.
When looking for a person to place on a project, you can now filter your list by all useful people fields such as Region and Certifications. This can be done by clicking Add Filters.
The following video demonstrates filtering by a custom people field (in this example, "Willing to Travel"):
The following video demonstrates how to add, clear, and reset filters within the Place a Person modal: