People > select a person > Employment
The Employment tab on profiles allows you to track a person’s hire date, termination date, and periods of unavailability to ensure you have accurate data about your available workforce. See Employment Dates for more information when using the Bridgit Bench web portal.
Hire Date & Termination Date
Adding a Hire Date or Termination Date to a profile will dictate when a person can start being allocated to projects or when they can no longer be allocated to projects.
- If a person has a hire date in the future, you will not be able to allocate them to a role that starts before their hire date.
- If a termination date is added, the person will be removed from any roles scheduled after that date.
A warning message will appear if a submitted date conflicts with existing allocations.
Time Off allows you to indicate a period of time when a person is out of office. This could be for a number of reasons, including vacations, medical leave, parental leave, or military leave.
With Time Off, you have the ability to choose whether you need someone else to backfill on a project. If you require a backfill for the projects a person is on, the person will be removed from all projects and will not be available to be placed on a project during the time off period.
If backfill is not required, the person will remain on any existing projects and will be represented with a light gray bar in the Place A Person Modal.
To apply Time Off, click the Add Time Off button, which will open a new window.
- Time Off requires a Start Date to be included, and an End Date also needs to be included if a backfill is not required.
- A Description can be added and made private if needed.
- The checkbox Requires backfill on projects can be selected if backfill is necessary.