The Employment tab on profiles allows you to track a person’s hire date, termination date, and periods of unavailability to ensure you have accurate data about your available workforce.
People > List > select a person > Employment
Adding a Hire Date to a profile will dictate when a person can start being allocated to projects.
- If a person has a hire date in the future, you will not be able to allocate them to a role that starts before their hire date.
Adding a Termination Date to a profile will dictate when a person can no longer be allocated to projects.
- If a termination date is added, the person will be removed from any roles scheduled after that date.
A warning message will appear if a submitted date conflicts with existing allocations.
Period of Unavailability
A Period of Unavailability allows you to indicate a period of time when a person is not available to be placed on a project. This could be for a number of reasons, including medical, parental, or military leave.
When a period of unavailability is added, the person will be removed from any projects they are on during that time.
To apply a Period of Unavailability, click the Add Period of Unavailability button, which will open a new window.
- A Period of Unavailability requires only a Start Date and can be open-ended.
- If no End Date is entered, the person will appear unavailable indefinitely from the Start Date.
- A Description can be added and made private if needed.
- Employment Dates are not required.
An existing Period of Unavailability can be modified by clicking on the pencil icon.