Projects > Gantt > Simplified and Expanded View
In the upper-right, you can toggle between two views: Simplified and Expanded.
- Simplified view keeps the Gantt bars to projects only.
- Expanded view displays the project, the roles, and the people filling each role. Clicking on any person will allow you to open that person's profile in the Edit view.
Adding & Deleting Roles
- Click Add a Role under the project roles.
- Select a role in the Add a Role window.
- Update the Start/End Dates and Allocation Percentage accordingly.
- Click Save to confirm the changes. The new role will appear under the project.
- To delete a role, select the requested role.
- Click Delete Role.
- If the role is unfilled, no confirmation message will appear.
- Click on an existing Role, which will open the Role panel.
- The Role Type, Start-date, End-date, and Allocation % can all be edited from here.
- Click Save to confirm the changes.
Place a Person
- Click on the unfilled roll, which will open the Place a Person window.
- Select a person from the list.
- The list of people will default to the selected role. This list can be further filtered by applying additional filters or using the search bar.
- Once a person is selected, their name will appear at the bottom of the window. Click Save to confirm.
Editing and Deleting Allocations
- To edit an allocation, click on an existing filled Role.
- The Start-date and End-date for the allocation can be edited from here
- If a person needs to be removed from the role, click on the X beside the person's name.
- A confirmation message will appear.
- Click Remove to confirm the change.
- With Expanded View selected, click the Gantt bar to view more information on the person in the role.
- From there click on the person's photo to visit their profile.
- Select the required project.
- In the Roles section, scroll to the requested role.
- Click the edit pencil under the % column.
- The allocation can be updated by changing the percentage or clicking the three edit dots, which will open the Customize Allocation window.
- Select the Allocation breakdown - custom range, monthly, or weekly.
- Modify the allocation values accordingly.
- Click Save to confirm.
Some roles aren't necessarily required for a continuous period of time on a project. When a role is set to 0% allocation, this means that the role is not required on the project at that time.
- Example: a Project Manager may be on a project for Pre-construction and Construction phases but there is a two-month gap between the phases due to a delay in permits.
0% allocation is set via Custom Range in the Customize Allocation window.
Using this method will help ensure accuracy with role counts.