In the Gantt Settings, the Time Interval can be adjusted accordingly. View Project Roles can also be enabled, which displays the project, the roles, and the people filling each role.
Add a Role
Any Roles that have been created in the Project Settings can be added to a project.
- Click Add a Role under the project roles.
- Select a role in the Add a Role window. Add a role note if needed.
- Update the Start/End Dates and Allocation % accordingly.
- Click Save to confirm the changes. The new role will appear under the project.
Delete a Role
- Select the requested role (an edit pencil icon will appear if you hover over the role).
- Click Remove Role.
- Click Remove to proceed with the request.
Add a Role by Phase Date
Roles can also be set up using phase dates if the project has phases.
- Under the requested project, click Add a Role.
- Select the role from the list.
- Under Quick Options, there is a dropdown that will display available phases. The default choice will be the entire project.
- If needed, click the three edit dots to customize allocations by phase dates.
- Click Save to add the role to the project.
- Click on an existing Role, which will open the Role panel.
- The Role Type, Start-date, End-date, and Allocation % can all be edited from here.
- Click Save to confirm the changes.
Editing Phase Dates and Impacted Roles
When modifying existing phase dates, click Save and an edit window will open outlining all of the potential impacts:
You can decide how to handle changes to the project, phase, and role dates.
Place a Person
- Click on the unfilled roll, which will open the Place a Person window.
- Select a person from the list.
- The list of people will default to the selected role. This list can be further filtered by applying additional filters or using the search bar.
- Once a person is selected, their name will appear at the bottom of the window. Click Save to confirm.
Editing and Deleting Allocations
- To edit an allocation, click on an existing filled Role.
- The Start-date and End-date for the allocation can be edited from here
- If a person needs to be removed from the role, click on the X beside the person's name.
- A confirmation message will appear.
- Click Remove to confirm the change.
- With View Project Roles enabled (found in Gantt settings), click the Gantt bar to view more information on the person in the role.
- From there click on the person's photo to visit their profile.
- Select the required project.
- In the Roles section, scroll to the requested role.
- Click the edit pencil under the % column.
- The allocation can be updated by changing the percentage or clicking the three edit dots, which will open the Customize Allocation window.
- Select the Allocation breakdown - Custom Range, Monthly, or Weekly.
- Allocation breakdown by Phases will be an option if the project has phases.
- Modify the allocation values accordingly.
- Click Save to confirm.
The following video demonstrates how to create a custom allocation using Custom Range:
Some roles aren't necessarily required for a continuous period of time on a project. When a role is set to 0% allocation, this means that the role is not required on the project at that time.
0% allocation is set via Custom Range in the Customize Allocation window.
Using this method will help ensure accuracy with role counts.