Phases are an optional feature in Bench that outlines different stages of a construction project. Phases are sequential but can over-lap. Bridgit Bench allows sub-phases under a parent phase.
- Phases are added to the project by an Admin (contact email@example.com for access)
Adding and Deleting phases on existing projects
With a Project in context, you can add or delete phases under the Dates tab:
General Rules regarding Phase Dates
- No Phases or Sub-phase can have a start date earlier than the Project start-date
- No Phases or Sub-phase can have an end date later than the Project end-date
Editing Parent Phases
- Phases on a project can be edited.
- Phases must have a start date and an end date.
- When editing phase dates for a phase with child sub-phases on a project, there are a few scenarios to support.
- The start date and end date for sub-phases on a project can be edited.
- Sub-phases must have a start date and an end date.
- The sub-phase start date cannot be before/earlier than it's parent phase start date.
- The sub-phase end date cannot be after/later than it's parent phase end date.