Phases are an optional feature in Bridgit Bench that outlines different stages of a construction project. Phases are sequential but can over-lap. Bridgit Bench allows sub-phases under a parent phase.
- Phases are added to the project by users with Administrator or Full Contributor permission (contact email@example.com for access)
Adding and Deleting phases on existing projects
With a Project in context, you can add or delete phases under the Dates tab:
General Rules regarding Phase Dates
- No Phases or Sub-phase can have a start date earlier than the Project start-date
- No Phases or Sub-phase can have an end date later than the Project end-date
Editing Parent Phases
- Phases on a project can be edited.
- Phases must have a start date and an end date.
- When editing phase dates for a phase with child sub-phases on a project, there are a few scenarios to support.
- The start date and end date for sub-phases on a project can be edited.
- Sub-phases must have a start date and an end date.
- The sub-phase start date cannot be before/earlier than it's parent phase start date.
- The sub-phase end date cannot be after/later than it's parent phase end date.
Phases can also be viewed under the Project Gantt by hovering your mouse pointer over the project bar.
To modify phases, click on the project, which will open a project panel. Scroll down to add/delete and/or edit phases.