Editing Project Dates
Project start and/or end dates can be modified at any time. All project dates can be modified through the Projects view under the Dates section.
This feature allows you to shift the entire project including start and end dates. Any roles/allocations/phases/sub-phases with dates outside of the new project duration will be updated as well.
- While in the Projects view, select the required project
- Click Dates
- Click Shift Project
- Add a New Start Date
- A new date can be updated by typing it in or clicking the calendar icon
- Click Save to confirm
- A Shift Project message will appear warning of the new start date and impacts to allocations.
- Click Confirm to proceed
Edit Project Start Date or End Date
When a project date is edited, users will have visibility and options surrounding potentially impacted phases, allocations, and role dates due to the project date update.
- Project dates can be modified by clicking the project and manually editing the dates or drag and drop project dates directly on the Project Gantt view.
- Under the Dates tab, click the pencil icon beside the requested date.
- Add a new date, which can be updated by typing it in or clicking the calendar icon.
- Click Save to confirm.
- The Edit Project Date window will open and outline all impacted phase dates and roles.
- If a project is extended, you will have the option of selecting specific phases and roles to extend.
- Click Save to proceed.
Editing Phase Dates
When modifying existing phase dates, click Save and an edit window will open outlining all of the potential impacts:
You can decide how to handle changes to the project, phase, and role dates.
Phase Date Edited
- The impacted phase and tentative change will be presented at the top of the edit window.
Project Date Changes
- Use the checkbox to determine how the project duration will be impacted
- The other phases on the project can be shifted to align with the updated phase or left as is
- Sub-phases are not displayed but can be impacted by the change to phases
- Confirm which roles are impacted by the change. Roles can be left with the current dates or extended/shifted accordingly to align with the updates.