The Projects section delivers a complete view of all your open projects and allows you to effectively manage your team and resources across all your projects at any stage.
From here, you can track your resources to optimize utilization, assign the best people based on accurate availability and shifting demands.
Projects > List
You can utilize the following tools to further filter what is displayed:
Columns in the List view can be re-ordered by dragging and dropping them to the desired locations.
Adding Roles to a Project
Roles can be added to a project by navigating to Projects > List > select the desired project > Roles.
Click the Add Role button if you are building the project from scratch.
Another option is the Quick Add button, which will allow you to copy over roles from an existing project.
All existing projects that have roles added will be available in the Quick Add drop-down list.
- Saving a selection will copy all the roles from the selected project to the new project in edit mode
- All role names and standard allocations will be copied over
- Any role with a custom allocation % will update to a default of 100%
- All roles will inherit the project start and end dates
- All role notes will be cleared
Role Status Filters
You can condense the roles displayed on projects to see upcoming, current, or past roles with the Role Status Filter. This will allow you to reduce the noise that can come along with large projects and focus on applicable project roles.
Projects > Gantt
The Gantt Settings is a collapsible panel that can be found on the far right of the Project Gantt. You can use the Gantt Settings to filter required roles and customize the Project Gantt view to help condense relevant information. Learn more about Managing Gantt Settings here!
A project panel will appear by clicking on the project bar. This panel will allow users to view and edit project dates as well as view the project details.
Add New Roles
Adding new roles to a project can be done at any time.
- Open the requested project.
- Under the Roles section, click Add Roles.
- Select the required role from the drop-down menu.
- If a role is added in error, click the X to the right to delete.
- Modify the start and end dates accordingly.
- Click Save Roles to confirm or Cancel to withdraw.
Place a Person
The Place a Person tool is available to help ensure the best people are selected for a role and project.
This can be accessed from the Project Gantt view on any unfilled roles. You can place a person directly by clicking on an Unfilled segment:
Alternatively, you can also navigate to:
Projects > Desired Project > Roles > Roles Required
How to Place a Person
- Click the project to open.
- In the Roles section, scroll to the role that needs to be filled.
- Click on Place a person to open the Place a Person window.
- Select the best person for a role based on availability.
- An Availability message will appear if the person doesn't have full availability. Through this window, you can select how to proceed with allocation.
- Click Save to confirm.
Some people might have an orange circle beside their Time Availability, which indicates that a person does not have the required allocation % available for the role. People with no potential allocation availability conflicts are assigned a green circle.
The following video takes a closer look at the Place a Person modal. It demonstrates how you can search by name and you can also click the grey time availability bar to determine what project a person is already on.
Allocations can be customized if a person will have limited availability on a project. Roles can also be created to align with phase dates.
Learn more about creating custom allocations here!