Add an existing Bridgit Field user to a project
Project Managers can add users to projects. The Project Team settings contain any user that has been added to other Bridgit Field projects under your company's account.
Complete the steps below if you receive the following message when attempting to create a new user: Oops! Error adding contact: This user already exists for the [company name] account. To add this user to the [project name] project, search for them by name or email on the left side of the page, select their name, and then click Save.
Click here if you are adding a new user to Bridgit Field.
If you are adding an existing Bridgit Field user, complete the following:
- Navigate to Project Settings (Gear Icon) > Project Team > click + New Team Member
- In the Add Contact to Project search bar, search for the user by company, the user's name or email address.
- Select the checkbox beside the requested user's name (or the whole company if needed) and click Save.
- The user will be added with a Subcontractor role by default. The Role will have to be updated to Project Manager manually if needed.
- Refresh the Project Team page if the new user doesn't appear.
How to send a welcome email
A welcome email can be sent from Bridgit Field to existing users. This email provides a hyperlink to help users get started with accessing their Bridgit Field account.
- Navigate to Project Settings (Gear Icon) > Project Team
- Select the checkbox beside the requested user(s).
- Click Send Welcome Email.
- A green banner will briefly appear across the top with the following message: "Email successfully sent!"
Note: Please check your junk/spam folders if a Bridgit Field email doesn't appear in your inbox. Bridgit Field emails are sent via firstname.lastname@example.org.